Engr. Mustafa Balarabe Shehu, the Chairman/CEO MBS Engineering Limited, studied electrical engineering from Ahmadu Bello University, Nigeria where he graduated in 1985. He started his working career with the National Electric Power Authority in Egbin, Lagos in 1986 after which he got appointed by the Kano State Rural Electricity Board in 1988 where he served up to his resignation in 1998 at the position of Deputy Director.
Having resigned from the civil service in 1998, he established Amal Engineering Services Limited, which was later, renamed as MBS Engineering Limited. It is an engineering firm involved in power systems designs, building services, renewable energy technologies, environmental engineering, cost engineering and project management amongst other services. It has wide clientele base ranging from Federal and State Government Organizations, Transmission Company of Nigeria, Central Bank of Nigeria among others.
Engr. Mustafa Shehu participates actively in the activities of professional and business Associations. It is in these regards he holds the following positions:
1. President, Federation of African Engineering Organizations (FAEO),
2. Immediate Past President, Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE),
3. Past Chairman, Nigerian Society of Engineers, Kano Branch
4. Member, Governing Council, National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure, NASENI (2012-2013)
5. Member, Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria, COREN
6. Chairman, Governing Council, Nigerian Society of Engineers-Taming African Deserts (NSE-TAD)
7. 2nd Deputy President, Kano Chamber of Commerce, Industries, Mines & Agriculture (KACCIMA).
He is registered as Electrical Engineer with the Council for Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria. He is a fellow of the Nigerian Society of Engineers as well as Fellow of the Solar Energy Society of Nigeria.
Engr. Mustafa Balarabe Shehu is happily married with children.